For christmas at the last minute I decided to make few dress up bits or my youngest so thought I would show you and share the links! Happy Sewing.
Click the picture for the pattern and tutorial. I found my markt felt sheets weren’t big enough so I pieced them together. If you don’t want to do this you will need to buy metre sheets of felt.
The T-rex is actually a printable mask but is easily transferable to felt if you’re happy to leave off the texture or create it. Click the picture for the link.
Top L-R: Dragon This link includes other animals too, white dog and lion This is also the link for the lion aswell as other animals like tiger, bear and cat, wolf This is not in english but it’s easy to spot the pdf link for the mask. Triceratops you can access through same link as t-rex as well as a couple other dinosaurs.
Top tips for felt mask sewing:
- Make sure you have a full front piece to add smaller pieces to and a full back piece to cover the back of the front up. This also means you can trap your elastic
- Don’t cut your back piece out instead layer up your front detailing and lay it on a full sheet of felt and sew round, then cut out. This ensures your front and back match and saves you time too
- Sew around eyes last so you can secure all layers then cut them out.
- Measure your child’s head and make sure the elastic int too tight or loose.
- Print masks off at 100% no scaling to ensure they are the correct size
- Think about your layering before start so you don’t end up removing parts or sewing over already sewn bits creating double lines
- For small sections don’t feel ashamed to break out the fabric glue no-one wants to sew on tiny tiny parts especially t-rex teeth!