You will need: 5.5mm hook, wool needle
Yarn: DK / 8 ply 4 colours- 2 grey, 1 green, 1 white, 1 black. Create a smaller 3rd ball of grey from your others
With grey make a magic circle
- Chain 1, sc, hdc, 2dc into MC. Place stitch marker in sc
- Repeat step 1 with the second ball of grey and again with your smaller ball. Pull circle tight
- With grey no 2 *2dc into next sc, 2dc in next 3 stitches* place marker in last dc. With 3rd ball repeat *to *
- Starting with ball 1 again *1 dc in first, 2dc in next* over next 12 stitches till you reach marker. Repeat with next colour
- *1dc in 2, 2dc in next* to marker. Repeat twice more
- *1dc in 2, 2dc in next, 1dc* to marker. Repeat twice more
- *1dc, 2dc,1dc* in grey, attach green and repeat again in next grey
You will be now only working 2 colours each round and working between markers (round 1: ball 1 & 2, round 2: ball 3 &1, Round 3: ball 2 & 3)
- *1dc in 4, 2dc, 1dc* Repeat twice (both grey)
- *1 dc in 5, 2dc, 1dc* twice (green & grey)
- *1dc in 6, 2dc, 1dc* twice (grey & green)
- *1dc in 7, 2dc, 1dc* twice (grey & grey)
Continue rounds increasing by 1 dc each time at start of round until
- *1dc in 25, 2dc, 1dc* till 6 left, hdc in 2, sc in 2, sl st in 2. Repeat for second colour and fasten off (both should be grey)
- With green *1 dc in 26, 2dc, 1dc* till 5 left, hdc in 2, sc in 2, sl st into next.
- Chain 1, *1dc in 14, bobble (6dc in one stitch) dc in 13, 2dc* 10 times. If you don’t want a bobble round just do 1 dc. Dc in 14, bobble, dc in 11, sl st and fasten off.
- Join in white. *sc in same stitch and next 6, sl in 7* continue to first sc. Don’t join just continue to next round.
- *sl st in first sc, hdc in same stitch, (ch1, hdc) 6 times, chain 1, sl st into 2nd sl st and sl st scross to first*. Repeat for the round
- *sl st into 5th sl st, chain 1, dc into first chain space (dc in hdc, dc in chain space) twice. (dc in hdc, 2dc in chain space)twice, dc in hdc, dc in chain space and sl st into 2nd sl st. Repeat for the round joining to first st and fasten off.
- Join in black *dc in first space, dc in hdc, dc in chain space (dc in hdc, 2dc in chain space x 3) dc in hdc, dc in chain space and sl st into 2nd sl st*. Repeat for round join to first and fasten off.
Next you need to create the road markings. Thread white onto your wool needle and secure the wool to back of blanket near centre. I wanted middle to look like a roundabout so I started a few rows out. Slowly work up the centre of the 2 grey rounds going up and down. I went over 3 and under for 1.
You can then use this blog post and pattern to create tiny crochet cars
You can also save this on Ravelry
Please do not redistribute this pattern other than to link to source.
Please do not copy and resell pattern.
Any items made from this pattern can be sold as long as pattern source is stated.